Monday, July 12, 2010

Magical Colors, Urban Expressions - A Sample of Jersey City's Snyder High School Talent Bank

The magical languages we all use as a means of communications is displayed here as Art. These murals were creared for all to emotionally taste and relish the treasure the brilliant imagination of students at Jersey City's Snyder High School.




The imagination which has been embedded  into these murals is set in play by a keen familiarity of urban environments, the soul of Gospel, Blues and Jazz - a folksey spun tale of humanity. The mood and tone has been set; these "young unz" are right on track...!!!.



The artistic expression here within these murals transverses MLK Drive and often strolles down JFK Boulevard to the outer reaches of a city marked for gentrification. But within the magical language displayed here we can see that there staying power in the minds of these young souls.




This blog like the artistic prowess of these murals is a forum for any concerned soul to view, comment and reach-out to humanity. Feel free to post your comment (how ever simple they may be) and and encourage all to make this blog "a meeting place" of open ideas, civil discussion and possibly remedy for some of societal ailments.




BACKGROUND

Dear A;

I am working with the Jersey City Revitalization Corp this summer painting murals with some students I hired from Snyder High School. I have hired 12 Snyder Students and we are painting Murals for the Hub area by Extra Supermarket on Martin Luther King BLVD. The work is being done in an empty storefront inside the Extra Supermarket Mall and the Students are earning an hourly wage for the work. The Murals look amazing and I cannot wait to see them hung throughout the area. here are some samples..



I also just wanted to thank you again for every thing I am on the hiring list for this coming school year cross your fingers and hope for a miracle, but seriously I have gained so much from the whole experience this year will always be with me and I owe alot of that to you, have a great summer and if you are up at the supermarket hub please stop by we are usually there in the afternoon,


Sincerely KW

2 comments:

  1. I snap the Trenton Budha mural on July 31, 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. To whom this may concern:

    I am reaching out in regard to the murals above - specifically the one with the wording, "I am somebody, I can be what I want to be..." My organization, Communities In Schools of Central Texas (www.ciscentraltexas.org) is very interested in possibly using this particular piece for a large fundraising event in the fall. We were hoping we could get in touch with the person who took the photo and or the organization who commissioned the mural. If someone could please email ablass@ciscentraltexas.org with any information on how we could get the rights to use this photo it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Aubrey Blass

    ReplyDelete